Dates for 2019 Beginners lessons:
01 May – 03 July 2019 (Wednesday 7:30pm – 9:30pm)
Dates for 2019 Beginners Refresher Course:
Date to be confirmed
- Victoria Bridge Club holds lessons, for those keen to learn the game.
- You do not need to be a club member to attend.
- No prior knowledge of bridge is required.
- Classes are run by experienced, friendly coaches and comprise 10 stimulating weekly lessons where participants learn the basics of bridge.
- Each session involves both instruction and actual play.
- Take home notes are supplied to all participants, plus online tuition is available
- The fee for the 10 -lesson series is $80.00. The lesson fee also entitles you to play at the club for the remainder of 2019.
- Those who decide to continue after the lessons usually play on a Wednesday evening. This session is very social, introducing lesson graduates gradually to competitive play in a friendly, relaxed, low pressure atmosphere. Wednesday night players also have the opportunity to attend Coaching nights through-out the year. This coaching is done by some of the Club’s more experienced players and builds on the foundation established in the beginners’ lessons.
The tutor for the 2019 series of lessons – TBA
If you are interested please phone the Club Manager for further information or enroll by completing the online form on this page, or sending an email to email@example.com. Please provide your name, address and contact phone number.
Sign-up for Lessons
Further Skills Development
From time to time Victoria Bridge Club also runs classes for improver’s as they move through the grades and extension classes for advanced players.
In 2019 the club is also staging coaching sessions at an ‘improver’s level’ for club members. Tutor and dates for these coaching sessions to be advised.
An opportunity for less experienced players to play with advanced players is provided by the Wellesley Pairs Handicap event. This event is scheduled for occasional Tuesday evenings: This year they will be held on 23rd April, 4th June and 29th of October 2019. To play in the Wellesley Pairs no two players can exceed a combined grading total of six (6).